Monday

Catching Up...



Well, fellow travelers… a week has passed in a whirlwind of visitors, moving aboard activities, and settling in. The GLORY B is officially ours. Now we begin the weeks of scraping, painting, and other general repairs that make up the underside of any adventure. All of which results in not very interesting blog reading. But not to worry…

I have scheduled some short research trips that have more to do with mystery than far away places. For one thing, I happen to be in the heart of territory where my next few books will reside, and there is plenty to look into right here. Coupled with a short jaunt to Hollywood less than two weeks away, I'm sure I will be coming across some very interesting material. Starting with this colorful little town of Poulsbo, we have landed ourselves in. 

Not that it doesn't have quite the normal activity and population of most such places. The difference is the historic waterfront section where we happen to be located. Which not only contains all the places I like to frequent within walking distance, but does so in a most colorful and appealing way. One of the things I enjoy most are the church bells that ring out the hours, and play traditional hymns for half an hour at noon and 6pm. They can be heard over the entire waterfront, and envelop it with a feeling as if God just walked by and gave you a quick hug. But then, maybe that's just me.

Then there's the Sons of Norway hall that I can see whenever I poke my head up out of the hatch. And why does that interest me? Because one of the manuscripts I'm working on is about a lady who rents an office up there for a summer tourist business. Just above the kayak rentals a short distance away. From which vantage point, she can see some very suspicious-looking things going on in the harbor. But it can be quite dangerous poking your nose into other people's business, because…

Yes. I think there will be more than enough interesting subject matter to work with, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment