Saturday

Hold Everything!


Ok, so it's been more than a week. But what do you do when you've just admitted wanting to bring someone like Stella aboard (who promised to behave), and you're trying to decide if you can really do this thing. More importantly… could the Captain endure it?

My idea was to give out evidence. A bit of background about Stella with no bias involved. But, of course there's going to be bias--I love Stella and crew, for heaven sake. Then there is this thing about wanting to write stories, and more stories, and--who cares whether we go adventuring to Alaska, or Australia, or even to the moon. I just want to write stories.

I did make one minor concession (can't think when) about taking summers off between books for adventuring (and gold digging). On the other hand, there have been so many interruptions during the usual winter work schedule this year, I don't really care about that anymore. I just want to write my stories. 

All of which led up to this bid to bring Stella Madison (and friends) aboard. So, the Captain is thinking about it. Meanwhile, Stella--herself-- thinks we should make a "dry run" along the route to Alaska, to see if things really could work out for everyone. After all, the Captain has the entire boat cluttered with engine parts at the moment, and I find it a bit difficult to work in all that banging and clanging a few feet away. Then there is my dear friend from Australia, who says she might be able to come along--something that could lead to a few adventures all by themselves.

Oh, good grief! Is it possible? Is it reasonable? And -- most important-- are there any divine footsteps to follow in such a wild idea? What exactly would we---how could we even--

Which is exactly what I'm talking about, dear readers, when I say--like Meg Jennings, in my novel GOLD TRAP--that turning dreams into reality is risky business. Yes, Indeed. So. I am going to present this new idea to the Captain, to see what he thinks about it. And in the meantime, if you would like to know more about Stella, you can find out about her over on my website, where she has actually talked me into giving her an entire page to herself.

Back later, to let you know what the Captain decides. And--don't worry, we're still going to vote, as he promised to take my "public opinion" into consideration. So, reason should still prevail.

Safety in numbers and all that.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see how this all develops. Like you, I JUST WANT TO WRITE MY STORIES. I'm not in a boat, but I do have remodeling going on everywhere it seems. And at the most inconvenient times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Karla… how I wish you could come with. We're going away for a week to write and explore the territory ahead that we will be traveling in the GLORY B as soon as the weather breaks. That is, I'm going away--the Captain is staying and sticking to his guns (and the engine). I only hope it's the right thing...

      Delete